Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Big Bang!

This great article about the big bang talks about physics, time, and the elements of universe formation.

I post this here because it is a good concise view of some leading physicists, but also because it bring up an important point.

People that have an unending faith in science as the end all and be all, can't agree on some of the fundamental foundations of the universe. This shouldn't surprise anyone, all we can do is observe from the crust of the Earth and make educated guesses about what these observations mean for the universe. Scientists come up with baffling theory after baffling theory, and it continues to blow away the layman.

This does have a point.

When I think of a possible intelligent hand that guided or introduced life to earth, I think that hand would not only be invisible to the eye, but would be so baffling that our minds couldn't comprehend that such a life form could exist. But I have a hard time believing that such a being is watching over us at all times counting how many times I lie, or think about sex. This "God" doesn't care if someone I love is a homosexual. This "God" doesn't oversee an ultra exclusive night-club in the sky while sending those that don't belong to a Sea of Fire.

But that's just me I guess.

3 comments:

Ian Gort said...

sometimes i wonder how could the various functions of our genital plumbing matter compared to truly miraculous stuff like plate techtonics or weather patterns or quasars.

i think the truth is that most religion is sex obsessed and the people out there having it are far from deranged.

Fenix said...

The big bang: a miraculous coincidence.

God: I believe in, but not the one that I have been told to believe in. God to me is loving, and free, and lightfilled, God is not one being, and least of all a being who judges. God is all beings together, all air, energy, matter...in one beautiful paisley that spirals out forever. I guess now that I have spilled my guts I have forfitted my integrity to be a member of the church...??? Or do you accept blasphemers that accept the notion of a higher vibration?

The Freakin' Deacon said...

The only Blasphemer is that one that keeps knowledge and truth to themselves. Welcome Fenix!!!

Site Meter