Saturday, November 1, 2008

Up Too Late Hymn

I've been listening to Emmylou tonight, and wondering why I don't listen to more of her - or any music, for that matter. Curses, NPR, your nefarious plot is coming to fruition!!

I think this is perhaps the perfect amount of Dave Matthews. I do love his voice, but this satisfies any nostalgia I may experience.



Maybe it's because I watched some of a Steven Wright special last night, but I feel like the crack about the "politically correct world" and following statement are straight from his act. But imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ("Nothing New Under the Sun" by Anne Fadiman - excellent essay about plagiarism).

1 comment:

The Freakin' Deacon said...

Yeah, I liked this and hate Dave Matthews. Maybe he needs to do less of his own stuff and more stuff with Emmylou....sigh, Emmylou...

Site Meter