Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Late and Lonely II: It Still Gets Dark, Return of the Grievous Angel

Thanks to the F.D. for breaking the Parsons cherry. I've been itching to pop it. That said, there's just too much to be said about Gram and not enough music to be heard. I chose "Return of the Grievous Angel" as the song for this post. It never quits, it tugs at the heart strings, even causes some goose flesh on my neck.

It's probably because it addresses that good ol' poetic question that goes back to Odysseus and beyond, "how do I get home again?" I just love that question and the search for home is a mystery really. It's why we leave home or just ramble.

These lines always get to me:

"Twenty thousand roads I went down, down, down
And they all lead me straight back home to you"

"`Cause I headed West to grow up with the country"

No comments:

Site Meter