Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The World Debut of The Church of What's Happening Now Official Hymn!!!

Edit: As per my wife's request, I have added the lyrics to the Hymn in Block quotes (below the video).

So, I'm pretty unimpressed with the video. I'd like to record it in a proper setting (not a webcam and the webcam's microphone), this would allow me more freedom and the ability to use my big boy voice.

But I like the song, and I wondered: what the hell kind of church would we be if we didn't have an official hymn?

So submitted for the church elders and parishioners of the first church of reason's approval is the official hymn of the church!



V,1-
Oh Atheists, Taoists, and happy-go-luckies
people who don't give a damn
Secular Humanists, and all of you tourists
and people stuck in a jam
If you feel lost and lost on the cross
and need somewhere to belong
Come on in, you'll fit right in,
Just help us sing this song

V, 2-
Be peaceful, be kind, Use your heart, use your mind
Do unto others, as they'd do unto you
Take a joke, enjoy a smoke, and relax that old world view
Perhaps you feel mad, or maybe your sad, frustrated, down, and blue
You'll get no grief, come and get some relief, please won't you pull up a pew

(Chorus)
So we'll bow at the alter of Reason
and celebrate each passing season
Don't feel down, we're right here in town
We're the Church of What's Happening Now

V,3-
You can pass on that old time religion,
but pass me the comunal wine
You can do anything that you wanna do, as long it don't trespass on mine
Well if it feels right won't you please do it,
But if it don't just let it be
My friends are all here and it's given me cheer
Jack's all the Dogma I need

V, 4-
Don't wait on no fire and brimstone
You won't get none of that here
cheering, laughter, and music, is all that'll ring in your ear
The only vestment we have is a bathrobe
and we ain't never heard of a sin
our wisemen are women, our saints are our friends
please have an Amen (Amen!)

(Chorus)

Peace,

The Freakin' Deacon

4 comments:

Ian Gort said...

objectively awesome: can i get a "so say we all?"

Science said...

Dude. That's my husband.

(r)Amen.

Alex Headrick said...

Thirded. Amen!

Fenix said...

Hey Brother! Yvette and I just watched you get down with some reason! I love you so much and I love you hear you sing. We both love to do that apparently! Thank you for shining on us today Brother... AMEN!

Site Meter